For the kid in your family who doesn’t eat sandwiches for school lunch, here’s a healthy lunch idea that will fill their tummy with plenty of nutrition to fuel them through the school day. Make this easy on yourself by serving my Black Bean and Vegetable Enchiladas or Greek Yogurt and Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas for dinner with a double batch of Mango salsa. Set a bit of salsa aside and you have lunch ready for your kiddo the next day. Round it out with a cheese stick for protein/dairy, corn chips for grains, and vegetables to make this a complete meal.
Mango Salsa Kids’ School Lunch
- Vidalia Chop Wizard
- 4 1/2 Cups Fresh Peaches (or Mangoechopped
- 2 Avocados chopped
- 2 Cups Red Bell Peppers chopped fine
- 1 Small Jalapeno chopped fine
- 1/4 Cup Green Onions chopped fine
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Cilantro chopped fine
- 2 Tablespoons Lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 4 String Cheese
- 4 cup Tortilla Chips
- 1 cup Sugar Snap Peas
- 1 cup Grape Tomatoes
- Chop all produce and combine in a large bowl. (See notes for my chopping tips.) Mix in the juice and spices and stir to combine.Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
- Arrange cheese stick, chips, and vegetables in lunch box compartments. Don't forget to add an ice pack to keep food at safe temperatures until lunch time.