I made this salad for dinner this week, fully intending that my husband and I would eat fifty percent of it. Boy was I wrong! The kids devoured this salad before I got much of a helping. I will most definitely be doubling the recipe next time. It went over so well that my two school-age kiddos asked for me to put it in a wrap for their school lunch the next day. I always feel like such a champion in the kitchen when my kids approve of a new recipe, not to mention a SALAD recipe. I hope you and your next dinner guests enjoy this as much as we did.
Barbecue Chicken Chopped Salad
- 6 Cups Romaine Lettuce chopped
- 1 Cup Rotisserie Chicken (see notes)
- 2 Tbsp Barbecue Sauce Kraft Original
- 1 Cup Red Bell Pepper chopped
- 1 Cup Black Beans rinsed, drained
- 1 Cup Corn
- 1/2 Cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 1/2 Cup Tortilla Strips Fresh Gourmet
- 2 Tbsp Green Onions sliced
Homemade Ranch Dressing
- 3/4 Cup Mayonnaise full fat
- 1 Cup Plain Milk Kefir (or Buttermilk)
- 3 Tbsp Dry Ranch Dressing Mix Hidden Valley
- In a large bowl, combine all salad ingredients except for tortilla strips.
- In a mason jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine dressing ingredients. Shake until well combined.
- Use a pair of tongs to mix in the Ranch dressing. Top with tortilla strips.
(Includes Affiliate Links)