Although there is nothing wrong with a tablespoon of mayonnaise in your sandwich, some people just can’t stomach the flavor. I’ve made this recipe for those people. Enjoy!
No Mayonnaise Chicken Salad
A simple chicken salad with avacado dressing instead of mayo for sandwiches or wraps.
Servings 6 people
- 1 1/2 Cups Shredded Chicken (1 large chicken breast)
- 1 Cup Celery chopped
- 1 Cup Red Grapes sliced
- 1/4 Cup Green Onions
- 1 cup Mashed Avocado
- 1/2 Cup Plain, Unsweetened Greek Yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Parsley chopped fine, or 1 teaspoon dry
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- Combine shredded chicken, celery, grapes, and onions in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mash the avocado with a pastry blender or fork. Stir in the yogurt, lemon juice, salt and pepper and mix until smooth. *See Notes*
- Pour the dressing over the chicken mixture and stir to incorporate well.
- Serve chicken salad atop a bed of spinach or romaine lettuce on a whole wheat bagel or inside a wrap.
I found the best kitchen hack while making this. Short on time, I boiled one large frozen chicken breast. While it cooked, I combined the dressing ingredients in my Bosch mixer with the whisks attached. After about 30 seconds of mixing, I added the cooked chicken to the dressing and pulsed the mixer a few times until the chicken was completely shredded. I used my Vidalia Chop Wizard to quickly chop the celery and grapes and mixed them into the bowl to complete the chicken salad. So fast. So easy. So yummy. And fewer dishes! Also, I have added 1/4 Cup chopped walnuts for a little crunch and it's amazing.