This is a refreshing Spring salad for when berries and spinach come into season. After a long winter, this salad tastes so good! Enjoy!
Strawberry Spinach Salad with Red Wine Vinaigrette
Servings 8 people
- 4 Cups Fresh Spinach
- 1 Cup Fresh Strawberries sliced
- 1/2 Raw Almonds
- 1/3 Cup Feta Cheese Crumbles
Red Wine Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 clove Garlic minced fine
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- Toast whole almonds at 350 degrees for about 8 minutes. Watch closely and be careful not to burn. Let cool before chopping.
- Meanwhile, combine all vinaigrette ingredients into a mason jar with a tight-fitting lid. Shake the dressing until the honey is totally dissolved.
- Assemble salad ingredients in a large bowl. Pour half of the dressing over the salad mixture. Serve immediately. This salad does not store well, so plan to eat it all within the same meal.