Sunday Dinners call for something delicious, comforting, and easy to prepare, which is why most of my Sunday dinners are cooked in a slow cooker or Instant Pot (Affiliate link). There’s nothing that says “home” better than walking into the door after a day of Church worship, Church choir practice, and other Church meetings to a kitchen filled with the delicious aroma of our savory dinner. Sunday meals are heavier than those we eat the rest of the week, and that is just as it should be! This Thai Peanut Chicken is best served over Coconut Jasmine Rice. And, because a meal is never complete without a fresh fruit or vegetable, I usually pair this with a salad or roasted zucchini squash. Happy eating!
Slow-Cooker Thai Peanut Chicken
- 5 boneless skinless Chicken Breasts (2.5 pounds)
- 1 1/4 Cup Pace Picante salsa
- 1/2 Cup Natural Peanut Butter
- 1/4 Cup Lime Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger fresh grated
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce I use Bragg Liquid Aminos for my Gluten-Free friends.
- 1/2 Cup shelled Peanuts
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro fresh chopped
- Place chicken in bottom of 6-quart slow cooker or Instant Pot on the Slow-Cooker setting
- Pour all remaining ingredients except half the peanuts and the fresh cilantro.
- Cook on low 8-10 hours or on high for 4-6 hours.
- Before serving, use kitchen shears to cut chicken into small, cube-size pieces.
- Serve over Coconut Jasmine Rice and garnish with peanuts and fresh cilantro.