I never struggle to get my kids to eat this salad. It has classic, kid-friendly ingredients like cheddar cheese and bacon, but also contains some awesome sources of fiber and vitamins in the peas and fresh romaine. The secret to making this taste so good is the green onions and the semi-homemade Ranch Dressing. Yum. Try this one on your kids and let me know how it goes. Enjoy!
Sweet Pea and Bacon Ranch Salad
- 8 Cups Romaine Lettuce chopped
- 1 1/2 Cups Frozen Peas thawed*
- 3/4 Cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 1/4 Cup Green Onions sliced thin
- 1/4 Cup Hormel Real Bacon Pieces
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise original, full fat
- 1 Cup Plain, Non-fat Greek Yogurt
- 3 Tbsp Dry Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Seasoning
- Prepare Ranch Dressing: In a large jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine Mayonnaise, Greek Yogurt and Dry Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Seasoning. Shake or stir until well mixed. This can store in the fridge up to 2 weeks.
- In a large bowl, mix just the lettuce with 1/4 Cup Ranch Dressing. Top with remaining ingredients. Drizzle with more dressing as desired.
(Contains Affiliate Links)