Somewhere in my Mom Life, I had forgotten about these delicious enchiladas. I used to make these ALL the time when we were first married, but somehow, I have not made them for a good 6 or 7 years. I don’t know why. What I do know is everyone gobbled these up last Sunday when they made a reappearance on our dinner table. They are light, creamy, and full of whole-ingredient flavor! To make sure I never forget how awesome these are again, I am sharing them here with you. To complete the meal, I served these with my Mango Salsa. So. Stinking. Delicious! Enjoy!
Greek Yogurt and Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
16 oz. (2 Cups) Sour Cream (full fat is best)
16 oz. (2 Cups) Plain, Non-fat Greek Yogurt 2 Recipes Hearty Cream of Chicken Soup
1 (7 oz.) Can Diced Green Chilis, un-drained
18 (8 inch) Flour Tortillas, cooked
2 Cups Sharp Cheddar, shredded
1 1/2 Cups Cooked chicken, shredded
1 (15 oz.) Can Black Beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 Cup Sliced Green Onions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease TWO 9 x 13 pans.
2. Stir together sour cream, yogurt, soup, and chilis. Spoon about 3 Tablespoons of mixture down the center of the tortilla.
3. Sprinkle with about 1 1/2 Tablespoons each of chicken and beans and 1 Tablespoon cheese. Reserve 1/2 Cup cheese for topping at the end.
4. Roll filled tortillas and place in greased pan.
5. Spoon remaining cream mixture over the rolled enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.
6. Cover pan with foil and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
7. Remove foil, and bake for another 5 minutes. Top with green onions before serving.
Makes 18 Enchiladas
Note: This recipe makes two pans, so freeze one and save it for a busy day later. We usually eat a pan and a half and have the rest for lunch the next day.