What is better than baked peaches, a crispy oat and nut topping, and a dollop of fresh whipped cream? Nothing! There is no difference in flavor between this gluten-free peach cobbler and my original recipe. However, the gluten-free friends in your life will love you forever for making this most delicious dessert catered to their needs. Top it with some homemade whipped cream and you’ve got yourself an irresistible comfort dish to warm your guest’s appetites this Fall and Winter season. Enjoy!
Delicious Gluten-Free Peach Crisp
- 8 Cups Peaches fresh or frozen
- 1 Cup Rolled Oats divided
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar packed
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 10 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Nuts optional
- 1 quart Vanilla Ice Cream
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Place thawed peaches in a 2-Quart square baking dish. Do not drain the liquid. Set aside.
- For the topping, blend 1/2 cup oats on high speed in the blender until a coarse meal is formed. In a large mixing bowl, combine meal with remaining oats, brown sugar, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Stir a couple times to combine.
- Cut butter into 1-tablespoon pieces and add to the mixture. Use a pastry blender to mix the butter into the oats until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the nuts and sprinkle the topping onto the peaches. Use the palm of your hand to pack the topping into an even layer.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes or until fruit is tender and topping is golden. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream. (Tillamook Vanilla is Gluten-Free.)