There’s nothing wrong with boiling fresh or frozen green beans until they are soft, draining the water and seasoning them with butter and salt and pepper. However… cooking them in a covered skillet or wok with a dab of butter and garlic makes this simple side dish a show-stopper at the dinner table. They are perfectly crisp-tender and have a punch of flavor which will complement any main dish you are serving for dinner. Enjoy!
Garlic and Butter Green Beans
- 6 cups fresh green beans or frozen
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- If necessary, pinch off and discard the tops of the green beans. Wash and drain.
- In a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat, combine green beans and water and cover with a lid. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Drain the liquid off the beans and push them to the outer edge of the skillet, making a hole in the middle. Drop the butter and garlic in the middle of the pan. Stir and cook the garlic for just 60 seconds until it becomes fragrant.
- Mix the garlic, butter, and salt into the beans until they are well coated. Serve immediately.
(Includes Affiliate Links)