In an effort to expand my family’s taste for different foods, I am working on new Indian dishes. We have a few main dishes we love like Tikka Masala and Red Lentil Dal. We don’t have many side dishes to go with them. This is my best stab at Aloo Gobi– Potatoes and Cauliflower seasoned with Indian spices. Enjoy!
Aloo Gobi Indian Sweet Potatoes and Cauliflower
- 3 cups Sweet Potatoes peeled and sliced
- 4 cups Cauliflower Florets
- 1 Tablespoon Canola Oil 1/2
- 1/2 cup Tomatoes diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cayanne pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- Set the sweet potatoes to cook in the microwave for 2 minutes. Pierce the skin a few times with a fork to make steam holes. This will get the cooking processes moving faster. The potatoes should not be mushy. Peel and slice into 1/2 inch rounds.
- Heat oil in a large wok or frying pan over medium high heat. Add spices for about 30 seconds just to warm the flavors.
- Add potatoes, cauliflower and water. Cover with a lid and let cook over medium-low heat, stirring occaisionally to prevent scorching.
- Once the cauliflower is crisp-tender and the potatoes are soft, add the diced tomatoes and cook until they are warmed through.
- Serve as a warm side dish to your favorite Indian foods.
(Includes Affiliate Links)