Happy President’s Day! Aren’t Monday holidays the best? I slept in, read in bed for an hour, and then finally came downstairs to find this:
Yep. Those are my cuties who had already spent the morning making paper flags for the mantle while I was lazing in bed. I totally missed the breakfast hour, so we combined our breakfast and lunch into a Brunch late this morning. On the menu was Breakfast Burritos with a huge bowl of fresh fruit to complete the meal. (I also often make this as breakfast-for-dinner when I need a quick fix.) Happy brunching!
Hearty Breakfast Burritos
- 8 Cooked Flour Tortillas
- 1 Cup Black Beans drained and rinsed
- 1 Avocado diced for topping
- Salsa for topping
- Cilantro for garnish
Hearty Vegetable Ranch Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 4 large Russet Potatoes diced
- 1 medium zucchini diced
- 1/4 cup onions minced
- 1 cup bell pepper diced
- 1 cup tomatoes diced
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 Cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese shredded
Hearty Ranch Eggs
- Pre-cook the potatoes by microwaving them for 5 minutes. Proceed with chopping the potatoes along with the rest of the vegetables. (See notes)
- Melt butter in a large skillet, and cook all chopped vegetables EXCEPT tomatoes over medium high heat for 5- 8 minutes. Stir occasionally. If needed, add a little water to the skillet and cover vegetables with a lid to prevent burning.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs and milk together in a separate bowl.
- Push the cooked vegetables to the side of the skillet, forming a hole in the center of the pan. Add eggs into the center of the pan and mix until eggs are fully cooked, about 5 minutes.
- Top with tomatoes, salt and pepper, and shredded cheese. Cover with a lid until the cheese melts.
- Add black beans and cook until warmed through.
- If necessary, cook or warm your tortillas.
- Spread about 1 Cup burrito mix onto tortilla. Top with avocado, salsa and cilantro. Fold into burrito.