I try hard not to spike my overly sensitive blood sugar, but sometimes a girl just has to have a pick-me-up treat in the middle of a hectic day! So, I altered a typical “No-Bake Cookie” recipe into a treat that won’t make me crash 30 minutes after eating it. Even though it is made of whole ingredients it is pretty rich, so I always have to wash it down with a glass of almond milk. Enjoy!
Hearty No-Bake Cookie Protein Bites
- 1/3 Cup Cocoa
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 1/2 Cup Milk or Almond Milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt optional
- 1/3 Cup Honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 Cup Natural Peanut Butter
- 3 Cups Old Fashioned Oats
- Add cocoa, butter, milk, and salt to a medium saucepan. On medium-high heat, bring the mixture to a low boil, stirring constantly.
- Boil for just 60 seconds, remove from heat and add honey, peanut butter, and vanilla. Stir until dissolved.
- Add oats and stir to combine. Let chill for 5-10 minutes.
- Roll cookie mix into golfball-sized bites.