The Instant Pot (Aff. link) is changing my life in the food-prep department. Although this rice pilaf takes just as long to make in the Instant Pot as it would on the stovetop, (approximately 45 minutes) I discovered two big advantages to making it this way. First, it doesn’t boil over! Every time I make rice on the stovetop, I have a mess to clean up afterwards. Second, I love having the option to assemble the pilaf and delay its cooking for later. This allows me to do my food prep in the mornings or during afternoon naptime and then not think about it again until dinner is ready. Anyways, Rice Pilaf is one of the Andersen family staples, so I am elated to have the choice to make it in my Instant Pot now. I hope you are as excited as I am…
Instant Pot Brown Rice Pilaf
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1/2 Cup Yellow or Red Onion chopped
- 1 Cup Celery chopped
- 2 Cups Brown Rice dry
- 4 1/2 Cups Water
- 4 teaspoons Chicken Bouillon I prefer “Better than Bouillon”
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Fresh Parsley for garnish
- Using the [Sauté] setting on your Instant Pot, cook the onion and celery in the butter for about 5 minutes. Add the dry rice and sauté for another 5 minutes to brown the rice.
- Whisk the water, bouillon, salt and pepper together in a large bowl. I zap mine in the microwave for 60 seconds so the bouillon dissolves faster.
- Add the bouillon mixture to the rice and vegetables and change the setting on your Instant Pot to [Multigrain]. Adjust the time to 28 minutes. Seal the lid and let it do its thing.
- After the alarm beeps, manually release the pressure. Carefully open the lid and give the rice a quick stir before serving.
(Includes affiliate links)