When it’s the end of a long, busy day, sometimes it is impossible to muster the energy to make an elaborate meal. The cure? Beans and rice. I promise this is not a punishment for my family, though. They LOVE beans and rice—especially when topped with guacamole or fresh mango salsa. By the time your rice is cooked, dinner is ready and on the table. Enjoy!
Lazy Day Beans and Rice
- 2- 15 oz. Cans Pinto Beans drained
- 8 oz. Tomato Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 Cup Brown Jasmine Rice
- 2 cups water
- 2 Avocadoes ripe
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 Roma Tomatoes chopped
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin
- Add 1 cup rice to 2 cups water in a medium saucepan. Cover and boil as directed on the package.
- Meanwhile, combine beans, tomato sauce, and spices in a large saucepan and simmer on low heat until warmed through.
- Make guacamole by mashing the avocadoes with a pastry blender or an immersion blender. Add lime juice, tomatoes and spices.
- Serve beans atop cooked rice and top with guacamole.