A few months ago, I was trying to think of a new menu item for Taco Tuesday when a childhood memory of one of my favorite Mexican joints in Sheridan, Wyoming popped into my mind. When I was a kid, I used to love eating at a place called, “Pablos.” I’m sure it was anything BUT authentic, and, as is always the case in small towns, it went out of business a long time ago. Regardless, I always ordered the same thing: Macho Nachos. It was a massive platter of all the good stuff. I re-created it for my family a few times using Mel’s Pressure Cooker Refried Beans and it is a huge hit. My eight-year-old, soccer-playing, totally active, off-the-growth-chart son is especially happy when he sees this on the table! It’s SUPER filling, easy, and fast to make. I like to roast a pan of veggies to go with it to make it a complete meal. Enjoy!
- 6 Cups Tortilla Chips
- 2 1/2 Cups Mel’s Pressure Cooker Refried Beans
- 1 1/2 Cups Rotisserie Chicken shredded
- 1 1/2 Cups Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 1 1/2 Cups Tomatoes chopped
- 1 Cup Lettuce shredded
- 1 Cup Mashed Avocado
- 1 Cup Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 Cup Green Onions sliced
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- On a large sheet pan, spread tortilla chips in an even layer.
- Heat the beans and chicken until warmed through. Drizzle the beans over the chips and sprinkle the chicken and cheddar cheese on top.
- Place the pan in the oven and broil on low just until the cheese melts.
- Remove from oven and top with tomatoes, lettuce, dollops of avocado and Greek yogurt. Garnish with Green onions and Cilantro.