I made this salad for dinner this week, fully intending that my husband and I would eat fifty percent of it. Boy was I wrong! The kids devoured this salad before I got much of a helping. I will most definitely be doubling the recipe next time. It went over so well that my two school-age kiddos asked for me to put it in a wrap for their school lunch the next day. I always feel like such a champion in the kitchen when my kids approve of a new recipe, not to mention a SALAD recipe. I hope you and your next dinner guests enjoy this as much as we did.
Barbecue Chicken Chopped Salad
The BEST recipe for barbecue chicken salad that the whole family will love.
- 6 Cups Romaine Lettuce chopped
- 1 Cup Rotisserie Chicken (see notes)
- 2 Tbsp Barbecue Sauce Kraft Original
- 1 Cup Red Bell Pepper chopped
- 1 Cup Black Beans rinsed, drained
- 1 Cup Corn
- 1/2 Cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 1/2 Cup Tortilla Strips Fresh Gourmet
- 2 Tbsp Green Onions sliced
Homemade Ranch Dressing
- 3/4 Cup Mayonnaise full fat
- 1 Cup Plain Milk Kefir (or Buttermilk)
- 3 Tbsp Dry Ranch Dressing Mix Hidden Valley
In a large bowl, combine all salad ingredients except for tortilla strips.
In a mason jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine dressing ingredients. Shake until well combined.
Use a pair of tongs to mix in the Ranch dressing. Top with tortilla strips.
Any type of cooked chicken will work in this recipe. I always have frozen rotisserie chicken on hand, so that is what I use. Also, to ensure this recipe is gluten-free, make certain you are using gluten-free chicken, dressings and tortilla strips. The brands I have recommended are all gluten-free. You can find the BBQ sauce and tortilla strips linked below in the Featured Products. Boston Market, Costco or Sam's Club all carry gluten-free rotisserie chickens. I also buy my dry Ranch Dressing mix at Costco.
(Includes Affiliate Links)