On those mornings when cereal or toast just wont cut it, this savory dish is sure to satisfy. I crave this on Saturdays after a morning jog, because of its balance of protein, carbohydrate and fat. Enjoy!
Hearty Egg and Avocado Breakfast Bagel
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Servings 1 people
- 1/2 Whole Wheat Bagel toasted
- 1/4 Avocado cut in slices
- 2 slices Tomato 1/2 inch thick
- 1 slice Canadian Bacon
- 1/2 teaspoon Butter
- 1 Fried Egg
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- Fry egg in melted butter over medium-high heat. Cook approximately 3 minutes on one side. Flip it over and cook 1 minute on the other side.
- While egg is cooking, toast your bagel for a minute or two. After your egg is cooked, warm your bacon slice in the same pan.
- Top toasted bagel with avocado slices, tomato, Canadian Bacon, egg, salt and pepper.
My favorite whole wheat bagel is “Bubbas 100% Whole Wheat and Honey” Bagels.