This is the most delicious stew you will eat this winter. It’s full of vegetables that supply you with vitamin C, carotene, and antioxidants; and a little beef that offers zinc, protein and iron. This hearty stew will keep you nourished and healthy during the cold months. Enjoy!
Vegetable Beef Stew
3 Cups Bone Broth
3 Cups Chicken Broth
2 1/2 Cups Potatoes, cubed
1 Cup Celery, diced
1 1/2 Cup Carrots, diced
1/2 Cup Yellow Onion, minced
1 1/2 Cups Beef Roast, cooked and shredded
1 15 oz. Can Diced Tomatoes
1 15 oz. Can Tomato Sauce
1 1/2 Cups Frozen Corn
1 Cup Frozen Green Beans, 1/2 inch pieces
2 Tablespoons Garlic, minced
1 Tablespoon Parsley dry
1 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Pepper
1. Depending on how you do your bone broth, prepare according to package directions, or use what you have previously made. I use the method found here.
2. Combine all ingredients except corn, green beans, garlic and parsley. Bring to boil and then reduce to a low boil.
3. Boil until vegetables are still slightly firm, about 20 minutes.
4. Add all remaining ingredients and cook at a low boil until green beans are tender, about 15 additional minutes.
5. Add shredded beef for last 5 minutes of simmering. Note: Sometimes I have used a can of shredded roast beef. Most often I use beef reserved from making bone broth. Both options work, but I prefer the latter.
6. Season with additional salt and pepper if needed.