What is not to love about this combination of flavors? I don’t know if my 6-year-old is just trying to win his way as my favorite child, but after 24 hours, he is still talking about how good dinner was last night. I agree, but what I love most is how fast this dish comes together in so few pans. Serve this with a garden vegetable chopped salad, sliced bread and butter, and you have yourself a hearty dinner the whole family will love. Enjoy!
Broccoli Chicken Potato Parmesan
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds potatoes sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 4 cups broccoli fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup Onions minced
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 1/3 cup Flour
- 2 cups Milk
- 1 1/2 cups Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butternut squash puree optional
- Heat oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat. Add sliced potatoes and 2 tablespoons water. Cover and cook 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Meanwhile, prepare cheese sauce. In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, cook the onions in the butter until tender and translucent. Mix in the flour to form a paste.
- Pour in half of the milk and whisk until well combined with a wire whisk. Add the rest of the milk and continue to stir until the mixture begins to bubble.
- Remove from the heat and add the shredded cheese. Stir until the cheese is completely melted. At this point, add the butternut puree if desired. (see notes) Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in chicken and broccoli.
- Add cheese sauce, milk and garlic powder. Heat to a gentle boil. Cover and cook over low heat 5 minutes more or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese before serving.
(Includes Affiliate Links)