Most ranch eggs have a little bit of vegetables and a lot of eggs. My hearty recipe has a little bit of eggs and a LOT of vegetables, providing plenty of fiber to keep you fuller, longer. It is recommended that we consume less than 300 mg of cholesterol per day. Because one egg contains about 190 mg of cholesterol, I recommend sticking to just one in a day so there is room for other cholesterol-containing foods in the rest of your day. So, when I make this dish for my family, I use one egg per family member and bulk up the rest with vegetables. They love ‘em, and so will you!
Hearty Vegetable Ranch Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 4 large Russet Potatoes diced
- 1 medium zucchini diced
- 1/4 cup onions minced
- 1 cup bell pepper diced (any color will do)
- 1 cup tomatoes diced
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk or Original Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 Cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese shredded
- Pre-cook the potatoes by microwaving them for 5 minutes. Proceed with chopping the potatoes along with the rest of the vegetables. (See notes)
- Melt butter in a large skillet, and cook all chopped vegetables EXCEPT tomatoes over medium high heat for 5- 8 minutes. Stir occasionally. If needed, add a little water to the skillet and cover vegetables with a lid to prevent burning.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs and milk together in a separate bowl.
- Push the cooked vegetables to the side of the skillet, forming a hole in the center of the pan. Add eggs into the center of the pan and mix until eggs are fully cooked, about 5 minutes.
- Top with tomatoes, salt and pepper, and shredded cheese. Cover with a lid until the cheese melts and serve immediately.
(Includes Affiliate Link)