These hearty ranch eggs have a LOT of vegetables, providing plenty of fiber to keep you fuller, longer. My whole family loves ‘em, and so will you!
Hearty Vegetable Ranch Eggs
Servings 8 people
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 4 large Russet Potatoes diced
- 1 medium zucchini diced
- 1/4 cup onions minced
- 1 cup bell pepper diced (any color will do)
- 1 cup tomatoes diced
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk or Original Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 Cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese shredded
- Pre-cook the potatoes by microwaving them for 5 minutes. Proceed with chopping the potatoes along with the rest of the vegetables. (See notes)
- Melt butter in a large skillet, and cook all chopped vegetables EXCEPT tomatoes over medium high heat for 5- 8 minutes. Stir occasionally. If needed, add a little water to the skillet and cover vegetables with a lid to prevent burning.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs and milk together in a separate bowl.
- Push the cooked vegetables to the side of the skillet, forming a hole in the center of the pan. Add eggs into the center of the pan and mix until eggs are fully cooked, about 5 minutes.
- Top with tomatoes, salt and pepper, and shredded cheese. Cover with a lid until the cheese melts and serve immediately.
If you are feeling ambitious, pair the eggs with my “Hearty Whole Wheat Banana Muffins” and a smoothie for a complete meal that will fuel you through all your day’s busy activities.
(Includes Amazon Affiliate Links)