Chili season is in full swing, and NO chili is ever complete without a square of cornbread. This recipe is as moist and flavorful as any, but it has whole ingredients and no refined sugars. Enjoy!
Hearty Corn Bread
2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
1 1/2 Cups Corn Meal
2 Tablespoons Baking Powder
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 Tablespoons Ground Flaxseed + 6 Tablespoons water
1/2 Cup Applesauce
2 Cups Milk or Almond Milk
Makes 15 large servings.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease a 9 x 13 inch cast iron pan.
2. Place pan into the oven while preparing ingredients—no longer than 6-8 minutes.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk together wet ingredients.
4. Add wet ingredients to large bowl of dry ingredients. Mix until combined.
7. Cut two lines down and 4 lines across. Serve with butter and honey. Devour!