This is a classic casserole that I grew up loving. As usual, I souped it up on vegetables and “healthified” the recipe without sacrificing flavor and texture. We eat this casserole almost once per month. I hope your family loves it as much as we do. Enjoy!
Hearty Tuna Bake
A healthy spin on a classic comfort dish.
- 3 Cups Dry Egg Noodles
- 10 oz. Canned Tuna in water drained
- 1 1/2 Cup Frozen Peas
- 1 Red Bell Pepper chopped
- 1 Cup Celery chopped
- 1 Cup Zucchini chopped
- 1/4 Cup Green Onions minced
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Parsley (1 Tablespoon Dry)
- 1 Cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 3/4 Cup Greek Yogurt plain, unsweetened
- 3/4 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Recipe Hearty Cream of Chicken Soup (see instructions)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Make 1 Recipe Hearty Cream of Chicken Soup. Pour into large mixing bow. Mix in the Greek Yogurt and Mayonnaise until well blended. Set aside.
Cook Egg Noodles according to package directions just until soft. Do not overcook. Strain noodles and add to sauce mixture.
Mix all remaining ingredients together in the large mixing bowl. Pour into a greased 9 x 13 pan.
Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.
Increase heat to a high broil and bake for an additional 60 to 90 seconds, or until the cheese is slightly browned. Watch it closely!
Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.